'Epidemic' is described as a wide-spread condition, situation, disease ~
affecting many in an area at once or spread in various places throughout the world.
The 'can of worms' has been opened ~ and unknown how long this disease will permeate our society!
I praise those women who had/have the courage to speak of their 'uncalled-for assaults.' It's not my intention to continue writing about the ongoing details; I list only a few of the already culprits being charged. Still there are hundreds, perhaps thousands of women and men in 'out-of the-spotlight positions, whose lives have been threatened by unwanted and uninvited sexual attention.
There will be more...and the list endless!
This is only 'the tip of the ice-burg!'
Trump Lawyer Brokered $130,000 Payment to Porn Star to prevent her from publically discussing an alleged sexual encounter with Trump, according to a report Friday in the Wall Street Journal. Trump met Stephanie Clifford (named Stormy Daniels in films) at a golf event in 2006 ~ a year after his marriage to his wife, Melania. Clifford began talking with ABC News in the fall of 2016 for a story involving an alleged relationship with Trump, but reached a $130,000 deal a month before the election, which prevented her from 'going public.' Trump's long-time attorney, Michael Cohen arranged for the payment through Clifford's lawyer, Keith Davidson, the Journal reported. Trump denies any such relationship with Clifford. Just days before the 2016 election, the Journal published a story stating that the National Enquierer ~ run by David Pecker, a fervid supporter of Trump ~ had paid $150,000 to silence former Playboy Playmate Karen McDougal about a sexual relationship she allegedly had with Trump a decade ago. (Published by The Associated Press)
Franco Reportedly 'Hiding Out' After Being Accused of Sexually Inappropriate Behaviour. James Franco is being accused by 5 women. The actor skipped the Critics' Choice Awards on Thursday ~ where he won the award for Best Actor in “The Disaster Artist', The ceremony took place just hours after the L.A. Times published the stories of the five women. (New York Daily News)
Daniel Lipton Accused of 'Serious Sexual Assault' by Women from Hamilton 30 Years Ago: A sexual assault arrest warrant has been issued for a former artistic director of Opera Hamilton and the Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra. Once a high profile member of the Hamilton music scene, the warrant was issued nearly a year ago ~ in February 2017, while the maestro was artistic director at Opera Tampa in Florida ~ yet police have not arrested Lipton and do not currenlty know where he lives.
Lipton, now 76, left Opera Tampa suddenly six months ago
with a year still remaining in his contract. (The Associated Press)
Joshua Boyle, a Former Afghanistan Hostage has made a brief appearance in an Ottawa court on a string of assault charges. Boyle was arrested by Ottawa police around the start of the new year and faces 15 charges, including eight counts of assault, two of unlawful confinement and one count of causing someone to take a noxious 'thing' ~ an antidepressant. (The Canadian Press)
Albert Schultz Resigns Amid Sex Assault Allegations: The renowned co-founder of one of Canada's leading theater companies resigned just days after four actresses alleged in lawsuits that he sexually had harassed them with impunity for years. In a statement, the board of directors of Toronto's 'Soulpepper Theatre Company' which previously said it had relieved artistic director, Albert Schultz, of his responsibilities pending an investigation, and had accepted his resignation effective immediately.
Peter Martins to Retire from NYC Ballet: After accusations of sexual harassment and physical and verbal abuse, Peter Martins, the powerful leader of the New York City Ballet has decided to retire. Five City Ballet dancers came forward to describe verbal and physical abuse as far back as 1993. “I have denied that I have engaged in any such misconduct,” said Martins, 71,”and believe I'll be vindicated.”
Tom Ashbrook Facing Misconduct Allegations: The host of one of National Public Radio's most successful programs, Tom Ashbrook was placed on leave amid allegations that he subjected nearly a dozen subordinates to 'creepy' sex talk and unwanted advances. Ashbrook's “On Point' show allegedly made at least 11 young male and female co-workers uncomfortable with lengthy sex rants; he allegedly also subjected the staffers to unwanted hugs, back or neck rubs. (reported from New York)
McNabb, Davis Join List of former NFL Stars Suspended: Donovan McNabb and Eric Davis, former National Football League players who host shows on ESPN Radio, were suspended by the network as the fallout continued from a lawsuit claiming sexual harassment and assault. NFL Network also suspended analysts Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans and Ike Taylor 'pending investigation,' in response to the suit. Eric Weinberger, president of the Bill Simmons Media Group and a former NFL Network executive, was suspended by the media group as a result of allegation made about him in the lawsuit.
Famed Conductor Accused of Sexual Misconduct: Three opera singers and a classical musician in the United States say that world-renowned conductor, Charles Dutoit, who had a 25-year run with the Montreal Symphony Orchestra, sexually assaulted them ~ physically restraining them, forcing his body against theirs , sometimes thrusting his tongue into their mouths, and in one case sticking one of their hands down his pants. In separate interviews with The Associated Press, the accusers provided detailed accounts of incidents they say occurred between 1985 and 2010 in a moving car, the two-time Grammy winner's hotel suite, his dressing rooom, an elevator and the darkness of backstage.
In a long, distinguished career, he travelled the globe as a guest conductor. Four women stated that the Swiss born conductor either lured them to a private place to discuss or practise music, or simply seized a moment alone to'make his move.' The women said they resisted him and escaped. The women said they never filed formal complaints because they were young and Dutoit was the maestro, but they felt inspired to come forward now by all the women speaking out about sexual misconduct by powerful men in other industries and by the Metropolitan Opera suspending conductor James Levine earlier, after misconduct accusations surfaced. (published by The Associated Press)
The Biggest Hollywood Story of the Year!
Reported by Mark Kennedy in New York: The Associated Press names Weinstein Accusers as its Entertainer of the Year. Arguably the biggest thing that came from Hollywood this year wasn't a movie or a TV show. It had heroines and villains, but no script. And it went virile despite having no big publicity behind it. The women who initially spoke out against sexual misconduct in Hollywood this past fall, inspired millions to tell their own stories of harassment and illegality on social media have been named The Associated Press Entertainer of the Year, voted by members of the news co-operative and AP entertainment reporters. The wave of sexual misconduct allegations that have streteched across the country to fell prominent TV figures, chefs, journalists, entertainers, politicians and publishers was also named the top news story of 2017 in an SP poll.
The Hamiton Spectator featured in its December 22 issue
colour photos of 12 women assaulted by Harvey Weinstein.
Merle Baird-Kerr...January 7, 2018