Friday, June 24, 2011

The Twenty Third Psalm ` Indian Version


The GREAT FATHER above, a SHEPHERD CHIEF is.
I am His, and with Him I want not.
He throws out to me a rope
and the name of the rope is love;
and He draws me to where the grass is green
and the water is not dangerous;
and I eat and lie down and am satisfied.
Sometimes my heart is very weak and falls down,
but He lifts me up again and draws me into a good road.
His name is WONDERFUL

Sometimes, it may be very soon, it may be a long long time,
He will draw me into a valley.
It is dark there, but I'll be afraid not,
for it is between those m mountains
that the SHEPHERD CHIEF will meet me
and the hunger that I have in my heart
all through life will be satisfied.

Sometimes, He makes the love rope into a whip;
but afterwards He gives me a staff to lean upon.
He spreads a table before me with all kinds of food.
He puts His hand upon my head
and all the “tired” is gone.

My cup He fills till it runs over.
What I tell is true. I lie not.
These roads that are “away ahead” will stay with me
through this life and after;
and afterwards, I will go to live in the Big Tepee
and sit down with the SHEPHERD CHIEF forever.

(Author Unknown)

......................................................................................................................

Two Wolves ~ A Cherokee Parable
will be the next  publication in this series...
truly a poignant illustration of Life!

Merle Baird-Kerr

No comments:

Post a Comment