Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Optimist's Creed



 (by Christian D. Larson)

          I Promise Myself

           to be strong … that nothing can disturb my peace of mind.

          … to talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person I meet.

          … to make all my friends feel there is something worthwhile in them.

          … to look at the sunny side of everything and make  my optimism come true.
        
          … to think only of the best, to work only for the best and to expect 
              only the best.

          … to be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as I am about my own.
   
          … to forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements
              of the future.

          … to wear a cheerful expression at all times and give a smile to any living
              creatures I meet.

          … to give so much time to inspiring myself that I have no time to criticize 
              others.

          ... to be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear and
              too happy to permit the presence of trouble.

          ... to think well of myself and to proclaim this fact to the world,
              not just in loud words, but in great deeds.

          ... to live in the faith that the whole world is on my side, so long as I am
              true to the best that is in me.

Christian Daa Larson (1874 ~ 1962) was a New Thought leader and teacher,
as well as a prolific author or metaphysical and New Thought  books.
Many of his books remain in print today, nearly 100 years after
they were first published.

Of Norwegian descent, he was born in Iowa...attended Iowa State College
and a theological school (Unitarian) in Pennsylvania.  Larson relocated to
Cincinnati, Ohio in 1898.  In 1901, he organized the New Thought Temple
and began to publish books.

(Many thanks to Sherrie for sharing the foregoing
12 steps of wisdom, conducive to a happier life.)

The Hidden Secret:

Many have found inspiration in The Optimist's Creed.
In hospitals, this Creed has been used  to help patients recover from illness.
In locker rooms, coaches have used it to motivate their players.

How beneficial it is to have these positive views laid out before us!
Experiences over the years have taught many of us (including myself)
to discover, create and practise several of these philosophies (now personal
beliefs) to navigate a successful and healthy Life Path.

"Words of Wisdom"

Happiness is not something ready made.
It comes from  your own actions. 
(Dalai Lama)

We shall never know all the good 
that a simple smile can do.
(Mother Teresa)

Mina Al-Ogaili, a grade 10 student from Iraq
recently told a Spectator reporter,
"Every day is a new beginning!"

All I have is contentment and joy ~
and every day is an adventure.  Life is Good!
(Nellie Goodale...a Hamilton resident
turning 105 years young in Feb. 2013)

Merle Baird-Kerr... written January 30, 2013
Wish to comment? ... scroll down...may sign in as "anonymous"
or e-mail...inezkate@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment