Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Bureaucracy in the Animal Kingdom



 Happy thoughts from Tom
who sent me this cartoon-inspired article
showing a “busy ant” carrying a load to its office of business.
Try to visualize the expressions of each!

Every day, a small Ant arrives at work very early and starts working immediately.  She produces a lot and she is very happy!

The Chief...a Lion (with a mature golden mane and observing business eyes) was surprised to see that the Ant was working without supervision.  He thought, “If the Ant can produce so much without supervision, wouldn't she produce even more if she had a supervisor?”

So, he recruited a Cockroach who had extensive experience as a supervisor and who was famous for writing excellent reports. The Cockroach's first decision...to set up a clocking-in-attendance system.
He also needed  a secretary to help him write and type his reports; so he recruited an ugly black Spider who managed archives and monitored all telephone calls.

The Lion was very delighted with the Cockroach's reports and asked him to produce graphs to describe production rates and to analyze trends so that he could use them for presentation at the Board's meetings. So the Cockroach had to buy a new computer, laser printer and recruited a Fly to manage the IT department.

The Ant, who had once been so productive and relaxed, hated this new plethora of paperwork and meetings which used up most of her time.!

The Lion came to the conclusion that it was high time to nominate a person in charge of the department where the Ant worked.

The position was given to the Cicada, whose next decision was to buy a carpet and an ergonomic chair
for his office.  The new person in charge, the Cicada, also needed a computer and personal assistant, whom  he brought from his previous department to help prepare a Work and Budget Control Strategic Optimization Plan.

The department where the Ant worked is now a sad place; nobody laughs anymore and everybody  has
become upset!

It was at this time that the Cicada convinced the boss, Lion, of absolute necessity to start a climatic study of the environment. Having reviewed the changes for running the Ant department the Lion found
out that the production  was much less than before!  So he recruited the Owl (dressed in business blue and wearing a mortar-board hat), a prestigious and renowned consultant to carry out an audit and suggest solutions.  The Owl spent three months  in the department and came up with an enormous  report  in several volumes, that concluded...the department was over-staffed!

The Lion's face and teeth showed much dissatisfaction!  Guess!  Who does the Lion fire first?
The Ant, of course...because “she showed lack of understanding  and had a negative attitude!”

Poor Ant, very downcast...
she leaves like a hobo with her small pack of possessions
hanging from a long stick across her shoulder.

And this is why we have added 200,000 new government employees
in the past two years and...no one can explain
why we are still in a recession!

It's not a good time to be an Ant!

I'm from the human race and that's why
(from the pressure of the workplace)
I am SOOO thankful...to be Retired!

* * * * *
Feline Blogger ?

Believe I’ll live the life of a cat and write the first entry of nine
about my comfortable home with an endearing family
who give  me ‘catnip’ for special treats.

An orange and cream tabby, each morning I do my stretching exercises looking into a mirror. Standing on my back legs and with front paws clasped together, I bend from side to side…with expressive glee:

I'm not old!
I woke up;
I lifted my arms;
I moved my knees;
I turned my neck...
Everything made the same noise ~
CrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaacccccccccccK!

And I came to a conclusion:
I am NOT old ~
I am crispy!

Crafted by Merle Baird-Kerr … May 25, 2013
Comments welcome...scroll down...may sign in as “anonymous”
or e-mail...inezkate@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment