Monday, October 6, 2014

Being Thankful



(I thank Dilu for sending me this article with messages and accompanying cartoons
to which you can visualize and relate)

I Am Thankful...

             For the husband...who is on the sofa being a couch potato
             Because he is home with me and not out at the bars.

             For the teenager who is complaining about doing dishes
             Because it means she is at  home, not out on the streets.

             For the taxes I pay...because it means I am employed.

             For the mess to clean after a party
             Because it means I have been surrounded by friends.

             For the clothes that fit a little too snug
             Because it means I have enough to eat.

             For my shadow that watches me work
             Because it means I am out in the sunshine.

             For the lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning
             And gutters that need fixing...because it means I have a home.

             For all the complaining I hear about the government
             Because it means we have freedom of speech.

             For the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot
             Because it means I am capable of walking
             And I have been blessed with transportation.

             For my  huge heating bill...because it means I am warm

             For the lady behind me in church who sings off-key
             Because it means I can hear.

             For the pile of laundry and ironing
             Because it means I have clothes to wear.

             For the weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day
             Because it means I have been capable of working hard.

             For the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours
             Because it means I am alive.

             And finally...For too many e-mails
             Because it means I have friends who are thinking of me.

             Lord, Bless My Online Friends … to whom I send Hugs!
             Live Well...Laugh Often...and Love with all your Heart!
             Have a Nice Day!
             (Author Unknown)

Pueblo Prayer

Hold on to what is good...even if it is a handful of earth.
Hold on to what you believe...even if it's a tree that stands by itself.
Hold on to what you must do...even if it is a long way from here.
Hold on to your life...even if it is easier to let go.
Hold on to your hand...because some day, I'll be gone away from you.

Scripted by Merle Baird-Kerr … October 21, 2013
To comment...e-mail to:
inezkate@gmail.com  or  mbairdkerr@cogeco.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment